Air Conditioner Precision Tune Up
Having your air conditioner or heat pump checked out once a year is a must.
Actually most manufacturers’ warranties require it. A tuned-up air conditioner will usually save you the cost of the tune-up during the year in energy savings and repair bills. So getting your air conditioner cleaned and checked is a no brainer. At Beverly Services we offer a Precision Tune-up of your air conditioner or heatpump. Call us today to schedule, 412-851-1000!
Here are a few things we do during an air conditioner or heat pump clean and check.
16 POINT SPRING A/C TUNE-UP CHECKLIST
- 1. Check air filter media
- 2. Check refrigerant operating pressures/charge
- 3. Check air temperature drop across evaporator
- 4. Check for adequate refrigerant charge and possible leaks
- 5. Check evaporator superheat and/or sub-cooling
- 6. Lubricate all moving parts as needed
- 7. Check belt and adjust tension as needed
- 8. Check voltage and amperage to all motors
- 9. Check all wiring and electrical connections
- 10. Check all safety switches and devices
- 11. Check compressor contactor and capacitors
- 12. Check air temperature across condenser
- 13. Check condenser coil condition
- 14. Inspect refrigerant piping where accessible
- 15. Clean and calibrate thermostat as needed
- 16. Check condensate drain